10 Reasons To List Now!
The holiday season is upon us and many of our clients are asking the big question “Should I list my home during the holidays or wait until spring?”
While we believe that any season is a good season to list with Mike Lefton Real Estate we did do a little research. What we found even surprised us. Current statistics for Ventura County, CA show that listing your home during the fall and winter months has many benefits and might be the better move.
Based on stats from REDFIN Research Center the homes listed during the fall and winter months are on the market for 46 days vs 55 days in the summer. Homes listed in fall and winter sell closest to their original price with 2.7% drop from final price vs 5.2% drop during spring and summer. Also buyers are more serious in the winter months than those during the summer and with less inventory on the market homes sell 6% faster than during summer months.
In addition to all that great news here are the top 10 reasons why you should list your home during the holiday season.
1. Serious Buyers….People who look for homes during the holidays are more serious buyers. They a have sense of urgency.
2. Less Competition….Less Inventory means buyers have fewer houses to choose from and less inventory means less competition for you.
3. Showing Glory….Homes look their best during the holidays and will show better when decorated.
4. Sell at List Price….Buyers tend to be more emotional during the holidays, so they are more likely to pay list price.
5. Time is King….With the extra time off from work buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays than they do during any other time of the year.
6. Taxes and Interest….Some buyers must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons or to lock in great interest rates.
7. Relocation Matters….Traditionally job transfers start in January and buyers need to be relocated before starting their new job. You need to be on the market to capture the market.
8. Family in Town….As the seller you always have the option to hold showings until after all the holiday company leaves.
9. Delayed Closing….When your home sells we can always delay the closing of escrow until after the Holidays.
10. Leg-Up on the Market….Sell during the holiday season and you will be a non-contingent buyer during the spring when there is more inventory on the market for less money! Meaning sell high and buy low!!
If you are interested in finding out more about listing your home or are curious about the market value of your home please contact us. We would be happy to answer any of your questions.
Contact Mike Lefton now at 805-517-4988 or email@example.com.